Coventia

For the LARP game coventia held in Bedford England.
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The meeting...

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Woody
squire
squire
avatar

Posts : 78
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45
Location : intergalactic Space Academy

PostSubject: The meeting...   Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:49 pm

*Doctor Crook eneters, pets Huey and awaits the arrival of the others*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bilgeboybob.deviantart.com/
Refgirl
Creator
Creator
avatar

Posts : 94
Join date : 2009-07-05
Age : 30
Location : Coventia

PostSubject: Re: The meeting...   Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:00 pm

*Vitalany wanders through the doors and heads straight for the weel stock wine rack on the other side of the room where she ponders her choices* I see that the dog made it safetly here. Strange that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://coventialarp.forumotion.net
Woody
squire
squire
avatar

Posts : 78
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45
Location : intergalactic Space Academy

PostSubject: Re: The meeting...   Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:44 pm

Heh, Huey always finds his way home. Now, Bodge should be with us shortly, I don't know where Nick is but I have asked Cern to join us.

*removes a coin like object from his pouch*

Now, what was that lady's name again? Ah yes... Eloraine....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bilgeboybob.deviantart.com/
Refgirl
Creator
Creator
avatar

Posts : 94
Join date : 2009-07-05
Age : 30
Location : Coventia

PostSubject: Re: The meeting...   Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:31 am

*Vitalany eyes the coin warily before finally settling on a bottle of port. She then pulls out three glasses and sets them on the table. Carefully she measures out one large portion and two smaller ones. As if more of an after thought she then proceeds to set out several glasses for other guests. She does not fill these with anything but returns to the wine rack to get more drinks*

I suppose I should rightly expect soemone to either talk through that or come through that?

*With her apparent task done she sits down and takes one of the less filled glasses before leaning back and pulling on a bell cord.*

"And what snacks would you want for this delightful little meeting you have planned. I dont know about you but I am famished" *she pats ehr stomach in affirmation of this*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://coventialarp.forumotion.net
bodge
new arrival
new arrival


Posts : 8
Join date : 2009-12-30

PostSubject: Re: The meeting...   Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:21 pm

allo Doc, mines a pint of port and brandy and some nibbles.... and who is the Lady? do i get an introduction?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Woody
squire
squire
avatar

Posts : 78
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45
Location : intergalactic Space Academy

PostSubject: Re: The meeting...   Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:23 pm

Right, introductions first. Bodge, this is Mistress Vitalany- a trader of note. Vitalany, this is Bodge, my business associate. I imagine that bell that Vitalany just pulled will produce servants that will attend to our culinary and alcoholic desires. A cold collation should suit our needs... and some peanuts.

As for this coin, I'm hoping it will produce a horse breeder from another dimension.

*Shakes Coin"

Hellooooooo- Is this thing on? Eloraine, are you there? ....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bilgeboybob.deviantart.com/
bodge
new arrival
new arrival


Posts : 8
Join date : 2009-12-30

PostSubject: Re: The meeting...   Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:02 pm

allo Lady, what kind of notes do you trade? i've delivered some in my time, mostly the 'cough up or get a spanking' type but i've never made much money out of them. any chance of some pointers?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Woodwose
Settler
Settler
avatar

Posts : 27
Join date : 2009-07-05
Age : 49
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: The meeting...   Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:12 pm

*Cern enters, carrying a large stoneware jug full of fragrant, steaming liquid and several tankards*
"H'lo all, got your message about the meeting Doc, brought some mulled cider to keep the chill out."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://woodwose.deviantart.com/
Woody
squire
squire
avatar

Posts : 78
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45
Location : intergalactic Space Academy

PostSubject: Re: The meeting...   Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:47 pm

Ah Cern, splendid! Thanks, don't mind if I do. I believe you know Bodge and Vitalany who seem to be chatting already, excellent!

I don't suppose you remember how these summong tokens work, do you? I'm trying to reach Eloraine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bilgeboybob.deviantart.com/
Refgirl
Creator
Creator
avatar

Posts : 94
Join date : 2009-07-05
Age : 30
Location : Coventia

PostSubject: Re: The meeting...   Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:57 pm

((Everything in Italliscs is eloraine or an NPC character ))

*Sighs heavily and indicates Bodge with her glass* Not very bright is he? But in answer to the question I am a trader of wood, to the underdark. Which is quite a comodity. So if you ever happen to find a large quantity of good quality wood I know where you can...get rid of it *she smiles languidly. She then turns to Cern and waves a hand at a nearby seat* No mulled cider for me my dear, I have this rather charming bottle of port."

The head made Liisa comes in her hands folded neately in front of her. "Yes M'lords? What is it that you need?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://coventialarp.forumotion.net
Woodwose
Settler
Settler
avatar

Posts : 27
Join date : 2009-07-05
Age : 49
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: The meeting...   Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:28 pm

*Cern sets the jug and tankards on the table.*

"I'm afraid I can't help you with the contact talisman Doc," *He turns to Vitalany " but if you're after timber, I'm setting off to see my clan soon, just a few day's there and back, I'll look into whether they need anything. They have a history of trading with other races, and sustainably fell trees to trade the wood."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://woodwose.deviantart.com/
Woody
squire
squire
avatar

Posts : 78
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45
Location : intergalactic Space Academy

PostSubject: Re: The meeting...   Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:12 am

Ah Lisa, a selection of cold meats and salds if you will, a good bottle of brandy, a bowl of peanuts and whatever these other fine people require, if you'll be so kind.

*looks intently at the coin, pushing down on it with his thumb*

Blast it! I knew I should have asked for instructions. Helloooo, Eloraine!?

*bangs coin on table several times*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bilgeboybob.deviantart.com/
Woodwose
Settler
Settler
avatar

Posts : 27
Join date : 2009-07-05
Age : 49
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: The meeting...   Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:17 am

*looks around*
"Fine people? When will they be turning up then?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://woodwose.deviantart.com/
bodge
new arrival
new arrival


Posts : 8
Join date : 2009-12-30

PostSubject: Re: The meeting...   Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:58 pm

mumble mumble mumble, thought it was good to ask questions, mutter mutter, not my fault if i dont understand la di dah talk. ne'er mind, i'll learn or go back to the gutter i suppose.

allo Cern, can i try some of your booze while we wait for the 'fine people', this port is a bit thin for me.

whats the plan Doc, i can get on with acquiring pretty knick knacks whenever you're ready and i can probably come up with a few more ways of conni.... er tricki.... er persuading the gentry to part with some cash voluntarily.

ooooooh, peanuts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Refgirl
Creator
Creator
avatar

Posts : 94
Join date : 2009-07-05
Age : 30
Location : Coventia

PostSubject: Re: The meeting...   Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:34 am

The servant smile, bows low and then leaves the room. Shortly afterwards the door opens again and a tall blue satyr looking creature wobbles into the room. She soaking wet and wears a long black travelers coat and hat. She takes the hat off and sets it down on the table to wring out her hair of water. She then walks over to Dr. Crook and snatches the coin from his hands.

"Have you got any idea how much of a headache that gives me?" she mutters something over the coin and then hands it back, "Next time knock it on the table once and call my ame. Makes a lot less of a fuss and the room doesn't spin as much."


Vitalany pushes the mostly full glass towards the newcomer and smiles warmly. "I did wonder who they said they where going to talk to about horses."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://coventialarp.forumotion.net
Woody
squire
squire
avatar

Posts : 78
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45
Location : intergalactic Space Academy

PostSubject: Re: The meeting...   Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:50 pm

*The Doc grins awkwardly*

Oh er... sorry! *rings bell* Lisa will fetch you some towels.

Now, to business- I hope Nick will join us later. I am founding a charity for the purpose of building a hospital ship to aid those fighting against He Who Waits. This ship will deliver medical and relief supplies and healers to those who need it, will have facilities on board to treat the wounded and will even be able to rescue crews from stricken vessels, a "life boat" if you will. There won't be another ocean going vessel like it in the known world.

To raise this money, I am organising a grand summer ball to raise the funds required. I have enough money to start building the vessel but not enough to complete it or pay for a crew and adequate stocks and supplies.

I wish to ask for all of your assistance in acheiving this. As you listen to my proposal, I'm sure you will see how advantageous this ball might be to yourselves.

The ball will take place here, at Nick's estate (with his kind permission). I propose to invite some notable figures and hopefully a couple of deities. we'll let word get round the city and then put tickets on sale. The well to do will pay through the nose to attend!

There will be diverse and lively entertainments, a charity auction, a contest to find the most generous donor and I hope, Lady Eloraine- Horse racing that our guests can bet on.

I'm sure you can see why I've called upon yourselves- if you can't, please say

I would appreciate any comments or suggestions- ladies and gents.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bilgeboybob.deviantart.com/
Refgirl
Creator
Creator
avatar

Posts : 94
Join date : 2009-07-05
Age : 30
Location : Coventia

PostSubject: Re: The meeting...   Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:49 pm

Eloraine dusts herseld down and slides out of the wet coat before taking the proffered port and smiling. "Horse races. Now I like the sound of that, however one thing I would have to make clear. We don't do things like that for free. The horses have to be taken care of and the bedding needs to be changed. Plus any compensation just in case the horses get themselves injured. But if thats all alright 'm sure we have several race horses that we can lend you. If you wish we can even get some riders out here as well. Of course that's if you don't have your own." She sighs and leans back in her chair, "I don't think I can do much more for you than that. The lady I work for...she doesn't seem to like interfearing much. Says the last time ended badly or something." She take a sip of port and grins, "oh good port you have here Doc."

Vitalany pours herself another glass and then looks over at Dr.Crook, "So then, what is it that you actually want from me? Trinkets? Money? A sponsor ship for the ball? Please elaborate."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://coventialarp.forumotion.net
Woody
squire
squire
avatar

Posts : 78
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45
Location : intergalactic Space Academy

PostSubject: Re: The meeting...   Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:27 pm

Thank you Eloraine, I appreciate it. Some of your riders would be excellent. I'm thinking of asking some top riders from Gamay to race as well, sort of like a challenge. The local nobs'll love that! As to the matter of cost, I'll be happy to offer financial recompense out of my own pocket. There's more port when you are ready for it!

Also, after we've concluded business I need to discuss with you where I might purchase a pony suitable for a sea goddess- long story.

To answer your query Mistress Vitalany, One of the most important things you can bring to this ball is yourself. I can can have all the jesters, minstrels and magical horse races, no disrespect intended, that I want but the great and good of Gamay aren't going to dig into their purses unless they know they'll be rubbing shoulders with interesting and important people. You are a well known and respected merchant and pardon my stereotype but many people see Drow as fascinating, mysterious and a bit dangerous too- They'll love to tell their friends that they met the famous Vitalany!

Also, I'll bet you know some interesting and important people yourself, maybe we could invite them along. Of course,If you think that there might be some curio you've aquired that we could put up in the charity auction? Maybe you could act as auctioneer?

Of course it's also a great business opportunity all those rich people in one place at once.... *Unoticed by the Doc, Huey sniffs the air and slips out*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bilgeboybob.deviantart.com/
Ariel
new arrival
new arrival


Posts : 9
Join date : 2009-07-08

PostSubject: Re: The meeting...   Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:26 pm

*Ariel strides in and looks around her, smiling at those she knows, before getting some cider and sitting down.*

Greetings everyone, how is everything?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Woody
squire
squire
avatar

Posts : 78
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45
Location : intergalactic Space Academy

PostSubject: Re: The meeting...   Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:32 pm

Ariel!

Welcome, welcome- sit down and have some wine, I believe you know Vitalany and Eloriane, as well as our other friends here.
How have you been, or is that classified? ha ha!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bilgeboybob.deviantart.com/
Refgirl
Creator
Creator
avatar

Posts : 94
Join date : 2009-07-05
Age : 30
Location : Coventia

PostSubject: Re: The meeting...   Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:03 pm

Eloraine tilts her glass at the newcomer, and smiles, "I hear my horses served you well last time."

Vitalany just smiles at Ariel though it looks more like a grimace.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://coventialarp.forumotion.net
Ariel
new arrival
new arrival


Posts : 9
Join date : 2009-07-08

PostSubject: Re: The meeting...   Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:57 pm

*Ariel smiles back at Dr Crook* I have been doing well, I do not think that is classified. Yes thank you Eloraine, the horses did serve us well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Woody
squire
squire
avatar

Posts : 78
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45
Location : intergalactic Space Academy

PostSubject: Re: The meeting...   Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:07 am

Excellent, excellent, so ladies and gents, back to the business at hand, the ball.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bilgeboybob.deviantart.com/
Ariel
new arrival
new arrival


Posts : 9
Join date : 2009-07-08

PostSubject: Re: The meeting...   Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:09 am

Forgive me Dr. Crook, but perhaps I missed something here that happened earlier in the conversation, since I seem to have interrupted your meeting. You are planning a ball?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Woody
squire
squire
avatar

Posts : 78
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45
Location : intergalactic Space Academy

PostSubject: Re: The meeting...   Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:15 pm

Ah, pardon me Ariel, I'm organising a charity ball in the summer to raise money to build a hospital ship. As it happens, I'm going to invite your boss and I could do with someone to handle security....
.....also I'm having a charity auction and anything you might be able to donate would really help.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bilgeboybob.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The meeting...   

Back to top Go down
 
The meeting...
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» End of Year General Meeting
» Meeting the Dragon
» A preplanned meeting with fate
» A Meeting With A Ghost
» Team 7 First Meeting

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Coventia  :: IC forum :: Nick's house-
Jump to: