Coventia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coventia

For the LARP game coventia held in Bedford England.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Coventia price comparison chart - suggestions please

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Woody
squire
squire
Woody

Coventia price comparison chart - suggestions please Empty
PostSubject: Coventia price comparison chart - suggestions please   Coventia price comparison chart - suggestions please Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 12:49 am

Hi folks,

We're working on producing a list that will give a general idea of how much you could expect to pay for goods and services in Coventia.

We would appeciate any suggestions for goods/ services etc that should be included in this list.

Hopefully, it will also include How many coppers there are to the silver, silver to the gold and gold to the platinum.

Please post any suggestions below.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
http://bilgeboybob.deviantart.com/
Refgirl
Creator
Creator
Refgirl

PostSubject: Re: Coventia price comparison chart - suggestions please   Coventia price comparison chart - suggestions please Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 12:17 pm

Ok to make this a bit easier and to give you guys some background on the money situation. All money is done in denominations of 4's. So 4 copper=1 silver, 4 silvers= 1 gold and 4 gold =1 platinum peice.

Also of note you guys as starting characters are given the equivalent of what a family of four would need to keep them going for a year, 2 silver. You should always remember this. You may not be 'rich' in some senses but you can get by. And can afford some items to start of with. The reason you are given this is to represent that you have activly decided to start doing this job and have probably saved up to start out. Or other such reasons.
Back to top Go down
https://coventialarp.rpg-board.net
Ariel
new arrival
new arrival

PostSubject: Re: Coventia price comparison chart - suggestions please   Coventia price comparison chart - suggestions please Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:09 pm

Well it costs about 1 gold for me to make some jewellery as Ariel. So I would say possibly for about a pound (in weight) of precious metal it costs a gold?
Back to top Go down
Refgirl
Creator
Creator
Refgirl

PostSubject: Re: Coventia price comparison chart - suggestions please   Coventia price comparison chart - suggestions please Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 3:16 pm

I'm not too sure on that. Most of the reason it was that expensive for you to make that peice was you had to buy the tools and the metals. I think you used silver last time though I am never sure. How about for the metals...

Rememebr that this is not just for you guys its also the general populous
1 pound of workable copper= 1 copper, used for things like making pots, pans mirror ect and some jewllry
1 pound of workable silver = 1 silver
1 pound of workable gold = 1 gold
1 pound of workable platinum = 1 platinum
Dark iron= whatever the person wants for it, it varies depending upon where you are. In the underdark its fairly cheap, on the surface its not.

Alloys= +1 copper per other part to the alloy. So for tin, you would need 1 coppers worth of bronze or something? Gems vary in price and depend upon the size of the gem in question. So I think that would be a request by request basis for gems ect. Maybe? But also we would like things like cloth calue, wood value ect.
Back to top Go down
bodge
new arrival
new arrival

PostSubject: Re: Coventia price comparison chart - suggestions please   Coventia price comparison chart - suggestions please Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:48 pm

just to make this a little bit more complicated....unless i am misunderstanding the term 'useable' these prices seem to be low to me, as from second hand experience a pound of a precious metal would/could produce a lot of finished items. even taking wastage into account. because i try to think in metric, the proposed weight/cost would be 2.2 gold for a kilo of useable gold (2.2 lbs to a kilo)

i know lrp isnt the real world but i think that if the weights were in ounces rather than pounds it would be more workable - rather than trying to work out some method of scripting unit production/wastage for a crafter.
Back to top Go down
Refgirl
Creator
Creator
Refgirl

PostSubject: Re: Coventia price comparison chart - suggestions please   Coventia price comparison chart - suggestions please Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 10:01 am

Ok lets start off stupidly simple.

Bow-
10x arrows-
short sword-
longsword-
dayys rent at inn-

Ect Razz
Back to top Go down
Woody
squire
squire
Woody

PostSubject: Re: Coventia price comparison chart - suggestions please   Coventia price comparison chart - suggestions please Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:55 pm

Right, here we go with a draft list. I'll give it a week for anyone else to suggest additional items and then I'll ask Refgirl to assign prices.

Some items will need a price for standard and master crafted and we need a list of poisons and potions as well.

This list is not designed to be exhaustive but should give a general idea of what things cost in Coventia.

Weapons and armour

arrows x10
battleaxe
bow, long
bow, short
crossbow,
crossbow bolts x10
dagger,
dagger, throwing
polearm, short
polearm, long
spear
staff
warhammer

shield, small
shield, large

armour, light
armour, medium
armour, heavy
armour, extra-heavy

goods, general

ale, barrel
amulet,
blanket
boots
candles, 10
cloak, wool
cloak, silk
gloves, leather
grappling iron
grindstone
horse tackle
horseshoe
lantern
peanuts, bag of
provisions for 1 week
quill and ink
robe, linen
robe, silk
rope, per metre
scroll paper, normal
sack
tent
tunic, leather
tunic, wool
wine, per bottle

goods, special

potions (list to follow)

poisons (list to follow)

scroll paper, magical
herbs, common
herbs, rare

goods, other

wood, ton
stone, ton
ore, common, ton
ore, rare, ton
iron, bar
copper, bar
silver, bar
gold, bar
platinum, bar
steel, sheet
diamond
emerald
sapphire
ruby
amethyst
topaz

services, general

ale, pint
bodyguard per day
mercenary per day
meal, standard
meal, fine
labour per day unskilled
labour per day skilled
room at an inn per night
wine, per glass

services, special

alchemist per day
smith per day
healer per day
low power ritualist
medium power ritualist
medium power ritualist
high power ritualist

livestock

rodent
cat
dog
chicken
pig
sheep
cow
horse, common
horse, rare

I havent alphabetised everything because I just thought of some of it as I was typing. Anything listed as "special" should not be too easy to obtain- we don't want everyone walking round with 2 litre bottles of viper venom!
Back to top Go down
http://bilgeboybob.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coventia price comparison chart - suggestions please   Coventia price comparison chart - suggestions please Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coventia price comparison chart - suggestions please
Page 1 of 1